Monday, October 19, 2009

Tom Hanks

aka Tom Mothafuckin Hanks

I don't understand why Tom Hanks is so awesome. He's not your typical Hollywood celebrity, but he's still famous. He's not extremely good-looking, he's not radical in his political views, and he doesn't spend his money on an airplane just so he can name it "Tom Hanks Jr." (Unrelatedly, if I had the money, I'd buy an airplane and name it "Tom Hanks Jr.") And yet, despite his seeming average-ness, he makes consistently good movies, and he is loved by all. In my mind, that totally fulfills some of the requirements for being the second coming of Christ.

But that's beside the point. Tom Hanks is awesome, and there's no avoiding it. One day I will watch a Tom Hanks movie marathon. I think I'm willing to risk having my eyes fall out of my head - whether it's from watching a tv screen for that long, or from crying while watching Tom fall in love with Meg Ryan for the third time. Either way, it'll be worth it. So to Mr. Hanks, I say thank you for making such quality films. Thank you for being awesome. Please continue, as I know I, and m
any others, will always be watching.







No comments:

Post a Comment