Sunday, October 18, 2009

Why It's Physically Impossible to Live Off Of Candy

Photo credit: tristincole.com

My roommates and I have a problem: we can't stop eating candy. With Halloween coming up, we are lured on all sides by giant bags of chocolate. I swear they whisper my name when I walk into the store. Or there are magnets in them that draw me close to them. Or they jump into my hands when I'm not looking. Whatever their secret power is, it's working. I'd say our apartment is made of 10% creaky wood and 15% candy. (Obviously, the other 75% of our apartment is made of love.) And so, with the overabundance of candy in our home, this led my roommate to ask why she can't just live off of candy/sweet things forever. And really, why not?

Candy is indeed delicious, but in the backs of our minds, I guess we realize that it's impossible to live off of sweet things alone. We'd become chocolate-eating monsters that don't get our recommended daily dose of vitamins. We might get diabetes. Or worse, scurvy. It's unfortunate though, because candy can be so good. I guess we'll just have to keep things in moderation, and I'll have to stop myself from buying any kind of candy that catches my eye. As much as we'd like to be chocolate-eating monsters, it's probably best to stay human. For now.


1 comment:

  1. Obviously, the other 75% of our apartment is made of love.

    So obvious.
    lol you crack me up

    ReplyDelete